[messages] [Module Design] Placing counters on a card and keeping them in place

Doofie sir_tripod at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 27 23:39:25 CEST 2015

This is a bit of a tough one.  Help!

Imagine a card with some boxes marked on it.  You then have some
counters to place on the card within the boxes on the card.  When the
card moves location/zone, the counters remain in place.  When a player
needs to, they can remove the counters from the card to place on the
board.

Is this even possible in Vassal?  I know you can stack items but the
counters go into the bottom left of the card.  While it "sort-of" works,
it's not the elegant solution I'm hoping to provide.

Thanks