[messages] Edit: Re: [Technical Support & Bugs] Intitial Tiling Fails for Large Graphics (Maps)

reg129 reg129 at wideband.net.au
Sun Jun 28 04:06:23 CEST 2015

[This message has been edited.]

> What are the dimensions of the image you were trying to tile?

 jpg, 9757 x 7293, 12.7MB

> Yes, it is, but you can't log in at the moment because of a problem
> we're still trying to resolve from the system upgrade last week.

Thanks, I'll try later

> Another option is to load Java 6/7

I have installed Java 1.7 CPU 79 and attempted to run Vassal under this
version to see if it made a difference but no luck. (I don't want to
uninstall 8 ).  A web search said you should be able to open a shell and
set the PATH & JAVA_HOME env variables to run an application under an
older version of Java.  "java -version" indeed flags the older version
but when Vassal.exe is run in the shell, it still uses Java 8 (as
evidenced by the absolute path in the error log).

Where does Vassal pick up the Java path??  Does it get it from the
symlinks at C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath??

Cheers,
Reg