[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Very slow response

dsoukup daniel.e.soukup at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:10:41 CET 2015

"uckelman" wrote:

> I'm guessing that Windows tracert uses ICMP packets by default. Is
> there a way to switch it to use TCP packets instead? (The Linux
> traceroute has this as option -T.)
>
> (Also, _please_ answer my question about the original trace containing
> the bad IP and hostname. I need to know how you produced that trace if
> I'm going to track down that problem.)

I do not believe the Windows command can use anything other than ICMP. I
will check for a utility that can do so tonight.

I found the incorrect server address in a post from August 2012:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5475#p35777[1]. I initially tried to find the server
in VASSAL documentation and based on what my outbound traffic looked
like, but I was unsuccessful. I apologize for the confusion.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5475#p35777