[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] 3.2.13 will not launch under my OS X 10.5.8

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Mar 2 16:57:56 CET 2015

Thus spake fgilbert2:
> I rather doubt I installed it.  Bought the computer used.
>
> Found this online, does it look good?  rm
> ~/Library/Caches/Java/deployment.properties
> sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0
> sudo rm /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6

That will delete those directories. Our launch script won't find Java 6
if you do that. However, I can't say for sure if this is the right way
to uninstall Java 6. I'm not a Mac user.

I found a recommendation from one of the Java guys at Apple about this
here, indicating that you should _not_ do what you suggested:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/macosx-port-dev/2014-February/006388.html