[messages] [Module General Discussion] recent trends of recently-released module.

Tim M timothy.mccarron at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 3 22:12:43 CET 2015

"dott.Piergiorgio" wrote:

> "uckelman" wrote:
> > Thus spake "dott.Piergiorgio":
> > > I monitor the Vassal module's evolution, and I'm rather perplexed
> > about
> > > the recently-established policy of allowing permission to publish
> > > modules only without the charts.
> >
> > To whose policy are you referring?
> >
> > --
> > J.
>

> I noticed that many modules recently released of new or fairly new
> wargames (let's say, of 2010-14 vintage) has all but the charts &
> CRTs. I guess is a sort of policy consensus and/or gentlemen's
> agreement between wargame and module authors, and albeit I somewhat
> understand author and publishers's wishes, I think this can
> potentially damage the wargame market.
>
> Best regards from Italy,
> dott. Piergiorgio.

That doesn't mean it is a policy, consensus or even an agreement. It
could simply be the authors choice because they just wanted to do it
that way or felt you didnt need them (who knows why?), be a request by
the publisher, or it even could be that they simply just forgot to put
them in...it definitely doesnt mean it is a trend though  :wink: