[messages] Edit: Re: [Module Design] What command would I use for this Property Match?

airjudden airjudden at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:04:51 CET 2015

[This message has been edited.]

I have triggered action based on a piece moving from a defined location
to another one.  The way I did it was by this:

1) On the Map Window, for "Key Command to apply to all units ending
movement on this map:" field, I would call it "MovedOnMap"

2) Under the piece, I would set up a Trigger Trait:

     a) For "Trigger when properties match: I would type:
OldZone!=CurrentZone
     b) For "Watch for these Keystrokes" I would type: MovedOnMap
     c) I would then assign a keystroke to perform and then have it
perform actions based on this.

The problem I ran into is that on one map, instead of adding a
Multi-Zoned Grid, I added an irregular grid.  I gave the regions on the
maps name, but I notice the trigger "OldZone!=CurrentZone" no longer
works for the field that triggers when the properties match.  I tried
"OldRegion!=CurrentRegion" and that did not work either.

What command do use in this instance?

I also wanted to base triggers based on the property match of a piece's
location such as "CurrentZone!="VP Track 1" but again, CurrentZone does
not appear to work with Irregular grids.  I was guessing whatever worked
on the first question works here, also, but if not, could you please
tell me what command I would need for this field?

Thanks