[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal and OS system installed on SSD ??

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Fri Mar 6 09:45:53 CET 2015

Thus spake virco:
> Just a fast question..
> I am having issues with performence and heap size of Vassal.. I never
> did and my PC is rather stranger than it used to be before (i mean I use
> vassal from some time now) and i never had such issies..
>
> issues on version 13 and last 15..
>
> I have recently moved to SSd drives on my PC and i think that might be
> the reason..
> before game can be loaded i wait ages to press Next button (no matter
> online or offline)
>
> anyone else can confirm my suspicion ?

Using an SSD should have the same effect on VASSAL as it does on any
other application, viz. that parts of the app which read or write
the disk a lot should execute quicker.

I can't think of any mechanism by which a properly functioning SSD would
be slower for any application, let alone VASSAL in particular.

Is AT&T your ISP, by any chance?

Furthermore, please tell us what your heap settings are if you're having
a heap size error. We can't guess.