[messages] [Module Design] Viewing/Selecting Discard Deck Cards

Kelin kfield111 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 7 04:47:14 CET 2015

Hello,

I am attempting to allow all players (1-4) to be able to access the
discard pile from a deck.  The players need to be able to easily access
the cards in the discard pile and decide if they would like to take a
specific card.  The problem is the cards have information on them so the
"Draw Specific Cards" function does't work when making an empty deck
because it just shows their file names and its silly to except players
to memorize the names of cards and be able to remember what they do.

I have tried to allow the cards to exists outside of a deck as a simple
stack on the play area which gives me images through the "Mouse Over"
function but its more messy to manipulate the cards that way and then
also removes your ability to easily take that card since you need to
then dig through the deck to find it.

I know that one could pull a card from the discard deck and simply place
them out on the play area and look at them separately that way.

My ideal situation is to be able to cycle through which card is on the
top of the discard pile using the arrow keys so that players can cycle
through the deck, read the card, and decide if they want to pull it.

There may be a way to do this but I have not found it.  Tried working
with the layers property but I am fairly unexperienced with Vassal.

Thank you.