[messages] [Module Design] LOS Thread and this snippet from WizardThread from TDC

relvar99 spencer.lee.olson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:05:18 CET 2015

Hello,

I am new here, so please bear with me. If this is not the right place,
forum, etc... I have been trying to leverage both the LOS_Thread code
and expanding upon the attackwizard from The Devil's Cauldron which
enhances the terrain features of a map to determine the following.  From
a source point S to an end point E, has some code already been published
that determines all of the hex and hexsides that a line passes through
AFTER the target has been selected.  One drawback of the LOS_Thread is
that it stores EVERY hex the mouse crosses during the drag events, so
along the way if a player moves here and there all hexes get added to
the list.  What I would like are just those hexes and hexsides that are
traversed between points S and E assuming we are snapping to the hex
centers.  Hence code like the following is great but not quite there.
Anyone know of such a thing, I am sure it has been done?

Regards,
Spencer

String location = this.map.localizedLocationName(this.arrow);
 if ((!this.checkList.contains(location)) &&
(!location.equals(this.anchorLocation))) {
 this.checkList.add(location); // this adds every hex crossed, even if
not in the line once targeted, this is a List<>
 this.lastLocation = location;
 }