[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] AppData/Roaming folder

mcszarka mike.szarka at greencentrecanada.com
Fri Mar 13 15:11:07 CET 2015

I'm having problems with using VASSAL on my work laptop.  Apparently the
university I work for has a limit of 200Mb in the user AppData/Roaming
folder.  The VASSAL tiles folder uses way more than that with only a few
modules installed.  Is there any way to get all the App data to go onto
my C: drive in some other folder instead of the user roaming folder?
Currently, the system doesn't allow me to log off until I clear out the
folder.

My IT support person, who fortunately is a board gamer and didn't give
me grief, said that if we can't change the install preferences he would
have to set me up a secondary user profile and I could log in and out of
my main profile when I wanted to use VASSAL.  He apparently can't
increase the data limit.

Thanks,
Mike