[messages] [Module General Discussion] In the Pipeline: VASSAL modules for GMT's GBACW series

Stiglr allendkrsn at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 17:39:33 CET 2015

Update: RealLife(tm) and attendant stresses and distractions have
prevented me from wrapping this up. It's been a pretty smooth journey
though.

However, I am making progress on creating the set-up files for the three
Battle Book scenarios. Alexander Bridge (a short 2-turn intro scenario
with only 2 brigades vs. 1 brigade) is done, and I'm about 3/4 of the
way through the Main Battle scenario. After that, it's only the Full
Battle (which adds in the 18th of September, 1863, the
formation/consolidation phase of Chickamauga). I imagine that will be
quicker than Full Battle, since there will be many more reinforcements
than forces already on the map.

I increased the size of all the unit counters (they were at 60 x 60
pixels, just a liiiiiiiitle too small for my liking), bumping th'em all
up to 75 sq. pixels. I added a few "deploy within..." counters, and the
odd graphic element.  And, while setting up the scenarios, I'm finding a
few boo-boos to correct (there are some units from the free/slave states
that have two regiments with the same designation, and a few commanders
that share names).

I *might* be ready for playtesting this weekend.... or maybe not. Just
depends on how hectic things are.