[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Very slow response

uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Mon Mar 16 19:59:08 CET 2015

BTW, AT&T is now also bouncing email from vassalengine.org because they
think it's spam. I get all such bounces because I'm postmaster here, and
every single one has been a password change request or a topic
notification from our forum---that is, it's all legitimate mail which
the recipient asked to receive.

The error message I'm getting in the bounce messages is this:

> <xxxx at att.net>: host aln-mailrelay.att.net[12.102.252.75] said:
>     521-62.210.178.7 blocked by sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net. 521
> DNSRBL:
>     Blocked for abuse. See http://att.net/blocks[1] (in reply to MAIL
> FROM
>     command)

AT&T's form for getting off their blacklist assumes that you've been
sending spam, so requires you to specify what you've done to mitigate
the problem---which is, in our case, nothing, because the messages AT&T
has identified as spam are _not spam_. So far as I can tell, my filling
out that form a week ago had no effect.

If you're an AT&T customer, please also complain to them that they're
blocking legitimate mail you'd like to receive.

[1] http://att.net/blocks