[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] 3.2.13 will not launch under Ubuntu 14.04

Raimonet raimoniruth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 10:41:32 CET 2015

The VASSAL.sh file shows something like this when I execute it and
VASSAL dosn't run.

#!/bin/sh

#
# Execute this file to launch VASSAL on MacOS or Linux
#

# Find where VASSAL is installed, dereferencing symlinks
INSTALL_DIR=$(dirname "$(readlink "$0" || echo "$0")")

# Launch VASSSAL
cd "$INSTALL_DIR" && java -classpath lib/Vengine.jar
VASSAL.launch.ModuleManager "$@"

But if I run your command VASSAL runs normally.

I have tried to modify the .sh to a new file with your command to no
success.

Thanks for your time and dedication, Uckelman.  :)

Best regards

Raimon