[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] 3.2.13 will not launch under Ubuntu 14.04

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Mar 18 19:31:21 CET 2015

Thus spake Raimonet:
> The VASSAL.sh file shows something like this when I execute it and
> VASSAL dosn't run.

I don't follow what you're saying. What does "shows" mean here? Why
are you _clicking_ on VASSAL.sh?

I suspect that the problem you're having is that you're inadvertantly
opening VASSAL.sh in a text editor rather than _running_ VASSAL.sh.

> But if I run your command VASSAL runs normally.

Good.

> I have tried to modify the .sh to a new file with your command to no
> success.

That's not what I intended. The point of that command was to isolate
whether VASSAL itself runs---it's not a suggested modification to
VASSAL.sh.