[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Weird (inconsistent) action button behaviour

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Wed Mar 18 23:35:42 CET 2015

Thus spake Benkyo:
> I think I have found the cause. This is going to sound crazy but I have
> tested it extensively:

It's not crazy. Java Swing draws context menus which fall entirely
within Swing windows itself, but relies on the window manager to draw
ones which fall at least partly outside of Swing windows.

I _believe_ the explanation for what you're seeing is that unfortunately
this causes the window focus to differ in these two cases. We don't
control that, so it's _probably_ a bug in Java.

If you'd like me to investigate further, provide a test module.