[messages] [Developers] LOS and some help

djsullivan davidsullivan317 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:00:12 CET 2015

I implemented a pixel-based LOS engine for VASL, so I’m familiar with
what you’re trying to do. But I don’t understand this comment:

> One drawback of the LOS_Thread is that it stores EVERY
> hex the mouse crosses during the drag events

The LOS_Thread class doesn't store anything and hexes do not exist as
objects in VASSAL. Perhaps they do in your custom code?

Anyway, I implemented a custom hex grid in VASL. Once you do this
determining which hexes are “touched” by the LOS is pretty straight
forward, although managing the geometry can get tricky as the hex grid
will probably have rounding errors.