[messages] [Module Design] Add game piece IDs to an existing module?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Fri Mar 20 20:07:23 CET 2015

Thus spake djsullivan:
> Open any VASL saved game (attached) using 6.2.2
> (http://vasl.info/download.htm). In the VASL main window select the
> Tools->Refresh counters and then press the Test button and you'll see
> the error.

I don't get the error with that saved game, but I'm also getting a lot
of errors in the chat pane:

 - VASL version 6.2.2
 - Bad Data in Module: Board not found 0  0 r32 0 0 675 -1  VER 6.0 OVR o2  c1  d1
 - Bad Data in Module: Unable to build board 1  0 42  0 0 844 -1  VER 6.0
 - This game was saved with extension 'BFP' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the '/home/uckelman/projects/VASSAL/mods/vasl-6.2.2_ext' folder to load it
 - This game was saved with extension 'ChatterPlus' loaded. You do not have this extension loaded. Place the file into the '/home/uckelman/projects/VASSAL/mods/vasl-6.2.2_ext' folder to load it
 - Using board(s):
 - Loaded BFP-34 Hundred Regiments Offensive - End of Jap2.vsav
 - Bad Data in Module: Image not found chLMGj
 - Bad Data in Module: Image not found chMMGj

What I'm seeing from Refresh Counters > Test is:

  Refresh Counters - Test Mode
  85 Counters can be refreshed
  29 Counters can not be refreshed - Not owned
  4 Counters can not be refreshed - Not found

Is there some saved game I could try which was saved without any
extensions, to rule out those as being involved?