[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Set global property: "OK/cancel"

Benkyo benkyo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 23:46:16 CET 2015

I noticed today that when the user is prompted to set a value of a
global property from a list, there is an "OK" button and a "cancel"
button. Both have the same effect.

In my module, there is an action button that performs a lot of triggers,
some of which are dependent on the user's selection of a global property
value.

When a user clicks on the action button and receives the prompt, they
will naturally assume that:
a) OK and cancel have different effects
b) clicking cancel will cancel something

Both assumptions are incorrect, and this leads to confusion and bug
reports.

Any thoughts on this from the devs? Any chance of this being patched? I
think just removing the cancel button would resolve the problem.