[messages] [Module General Discussion] How do I actually join a live game

DBlumentritt bigd_3285 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:49:38 CET 2015

Ok, so I can pull up a server list when I open Vassal, but this is just
information and not actually an interface.  Apparently I need to open a
specific module, and then show the server control.  At this point, I'm
in a room called Main Room all by myself - and none of the servers that
were/are displayed in the server list earlier are present for some
reason.

So then I thought I was supposed to type in the name of the game I
wanted to join in the "New Game" field. However, that does not join a
game. It doesn't even create a new game in the room called Main Room. It
creates a new room with the name I typed, parallel to Main Room.  This
isn't a module issue as I've tested it with multiple modules. It's
Vassal 3.2.11 and I have the newest Java; running it on Win 7. What am I
doing wrong?