[messages] [Module General Discussion] How do I actually join a live game

JoelCFC25 jkoepp at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 18:07:41 CET 2015

"DBlumentritt" wrote:
> So then I thought I was supposed to type in the name of the game I
> wanted to join in the "New Game" field. However, that does not join a
> game. It doesn't even create a new game in the room called Main Room.
> It creates a new room with the name I typed, parallel to Main Room.
> This isn't a module issue as I've tested it with multiple modules.
> It's Vassal 3.2.11 and I have the newest Java; running it on Win 7.
> What am I doing wrong?

Refer to pages 9-10 of the User Guide (Help menu -> User Guide). The
procedure you are describing is normal for the creation of a brand new
live game.

If you are intending to join an already-existing live game in which
someone else is online and waiting for you, you have to right-click the
name of their game session and choose "Join Room".