[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Where are modules installed?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Tue Nov 3 19:47:53 CET 2015

Thus spake Orome:

> "uckelman" wrote:
> > TEstablish where your downloads go.
>
> So modules (and saved games) just live wherever they end up. Vassal
> doesn't have a (safe) place of its own where they live?

They're just files. Unless you move the files you download, they'll
be where your browser put them when you downloaded them. This isn't
in any way unusual.

You can put your modules and saved games wherever is convenient for you.
You should put them in your user directory (rather than, say, in the
directory where VASSAL is installed). I would organize them in some
fashion, probably by module, and under that by active game. But that's
up to you.