[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Where are modules installed?

Orome royl at msn.com
Thu Nov 5 14:01:44 CET 2015

"uckelman" wrote:
> Applications should not squirrel away your data so that you don't know
> where it's gone.

The played games are my data, the modules are configurations that extend
functionality.

"JoelCFC25" wrote:
> Modules are not configuration files or components on which VASSAL
> relies--they're just documents, too. The module library is more or
> less the equivalent of Word or Excel's list of recently opened files.

No. You've lost track of the actual experience of using the app in the
technical definition of "document".

I hope the actual designers of VASSAL don't think this way. This is
_terrible_ software design: not thinking through use cases at all!