[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Where are modules installed?

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Nov 5 15:05:53 CET 2015

Thus spake Orome:

> No. You've lost track of the actual experience of using the app in the
> technical definition of "document".
>
> I hope the actual designers of VASSAL don't think this way. This is
> _terrible_ software design: not thinking through use cases at all!

I am one of the developers of VASSAL. My opinion is that having an
application move files you downloaded without your input is what's
terrible design. It leaves the user having no idea where his files have
gone.

Modules are data files. If Apple's HGI consider them not to be, then
Apple is wrong. I'm happy to discuss it more, but it's going to take
some very compelling considerations to the contrary to change my mind
on this point.