[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Repeated Graphics Tiling - New Java Update?

shilinski stan at hilinski.net
Wed Nov 11 20:54:19 CET 2015

I have the same problem with 2 mods I created and use frequently, so I
explored.

WHAT I DISCOVERED. I opened both mods with 7-zip. I noticed that all the
images had a modification date of dec 31, 1969, which is probably a
zero. The creation dates were rational.

So I extracted all the images. I then forced them to have valid
modification dates. I have Windows 10, so to do this, I selected all
image files, and then rotated all of them left then right, which caused
them to be modification-stamped with the current time. (After selecting
images, choose "Manage" on the toolbar, and the rotate option buttons
appear.)

This works for pngs and jpegs but not gifs. (I still use gifs for images
with partial transparency because I've had problems with pngs and some
users.) For gifs, I had to recreate them as new. I then put everything
back into the mods. Result? It worked. No more incessant tiling after
the first time.

WHAT CAUSE THIS. I have no fricking idea. It was in 2 mods I'm currently
using, and the 2 I most currently edited. I randomly checked some old
modules (including the newish Victory in Europe) and saw no problems. If
it were me, I'd look at the vassal editor first because I think it
should be the only app that does not open files readonly.