[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Can't remove at-start stack pieces

clanmacrae9 clanmacrae9 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 01:44:09 CET 2015

My computer

Dell XPS
Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM 32 GB
64 bit Operating system X64 based processor

- Model: Dell XPS
- Operating System Window 10
- CPU: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
- Memory: Ram 32GB
- Video Card Not sure...but higher end
- Vassal version. 3.2.15
- Java version. Version 8 Update 65
- Vassal module name and version: SOJ_2.1.vmod posted 11/11/15 to The
Siege of Jerusalem module page
- Exactly what steps are required to reproduce your problem.
Problem: I cannot remove or edit an at-start stack gamepiece on the
interphase board map window. If I remove the at-start stack gamepiece.
It returns. If I replace the image, it retains the old image. If I
delete the piece and remove the image from the zip files, then rebuild
the module, it produces a bad data error as if it is still looking for
it.
In addition I tried removing the entire map window. This created the
same problem. Vassal would not remove it. It was no longer available as
a menu item, however a bad data error appears indicating that the module
still believed it was supposed to be there.
To see which gamepiece I am referring to:
1. Open the module. Select the Interphase Board (The red and blue icon
located between the +Turn button and the Blue button that looks like a
blue unit piece.)
2. The large white rectangle that starts with "Step 1: Action
Automatic..." is the problem.
It is a game piece with layers that loop through the layer images to
correspond with each interphase step listed to the left of the board.
The Turn controller sends a turn-based global key command which advances
the layers. (The automation is not the problem. It works perfectly
except I need to change the instructions.)

To find the at-start stack gamepiece in edit mode and reproduce the
problem:
1. Edit the module
2. About halfway down the module you will see Interphase board map
window
About halfway down the Interphase Board menu is the at start stack
gamepiece named "Step Instructions"
3. (Note as I indicated above, I think the problem is the entire map
board but the at start stack is where I discovered the problem) Try
anything that you like to change the gamepiece. Move to another
location, deleting, replacing with a different image, removing/editing
the traits.It always reverts back to where it is stuck.

I would just start rebuilding from scratch but I used an irregular hex
grid which took me about 6 month to complete because I had to
individually name each hex and it is a large map.

Anything you can do to help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.