[messages] [Module Design] Multi-Action Button help (sound and text to chat window)

GJK gary at garykrockover.com
Sun Nov 22 06:17:45 CET 2015

Need some help from the pro's.

I have a Multi-action button (MAB) used to end a turn.  Currently it
clears moves and other layers that have been applied to pieces that
turn.  Works perfectly. What I'd like for it to also do is play a turn
ending sound and then echo to the chat window "$PlayerName$ TURNOVER!".

Button Names in the MAB that are pertinent to this are:

TurnoverSound
TurnoverText

I have a GKC called TurnoverSound and TurnoverText. The key commands are
ALT PERIOD and PlaySoundTurnover, respectively.

In trying to follow some examples given here, I've created an At-Start
stack that has a single piece (Skull).  For that piece, I've added a
layer that is always active.  I have the following in order below the
layer:

Action Button: Turnover Text (ALT PERIOD)

Report Action: Turnover Text (report echos to the chat window on ALT
PERIOD)

Action Button: TurnoverSound (Invokes PlaySoundTurnover)

Play Sound: PlaySoundTurnover (plays the .wav file)

If I click the MAB, there's no turn ending text or sound played.  If I
select the Skull piece, then the text echos and the .wav plays.

How do I get the MAB to simulate the pressing of the Skull piece?

I think that I'm way overthinking this and probably have too much going
on here and so I welcome any help offered!