[messages] [Module Design] Opponent 'peeking' at a stack

gengelstein gme at marsint.com
Sat Oct 3 03:29:44 CEST 2015

Hi! I'm a newbie module designer, trying to put one together for a game
I'm developing.

There's one feature in the game I'm not sure how to implement, and
suggestions are gratefully accepted.

Here's what I'm trying to do:

There are stacks of counters on the map, face down, that belong to one
player.  Only that player can normally see what they are.

The opponent is sometimes allowed to do 'intel' against the stack, which
goes as follows: A certain number of counters from the stack are drawn
at random. The opponent can look at them, and then they are returned
(face down) to the stack.  The owning player does not get to know which
counters the opponent saw.

What is the best way to implement this?

Thanks!

Geoff