[messages] [Module Design] Variable strength units

Rindis rindis at backbreaker.com
Tue Oct 20 03:26:02 CEST 2015

Okay, so each side has a few units of variable quality that get revealed
once they're used. Fairly simple, make a deck for each pool, put all the
possible units of a pool into a deck.

However, these are generally out in play at the point the game begins.
If they're pre-selected in the setup, they're not really random. If
they're not preselected, then you need to convince the player to do it
at start of play.

I was thinking about splitting the 'unknown' side from the 'known' side
as separate units. Include a command to draw the 'real' unit from the
deck.

But... I'm not sure how to make that work. I want to emulate 'Replace
with Other', and doing it as two commands (one being Delete) is fine,
but how do you do 'draw from Deck _x_ to the current location'?