[messages] [General Discussion] Modulo bias

Filip ari0ch at wp.pl
Tue Oct 20 13:56:37 CEST 2015

"VASSAL 3.2.15 released" wrote:
> * 11404: Some uses of the PRNG introduce a minuscule amount of modulo
> bias

Which uses of the PRNG in particular? Was this issue 3.2 specific?
Perhaps Windows specific or something?

Some of my players used to be suspicious about the generator in an
earlier version of Vassal and I did some testing. However, repeatedly
rolling large numbers of dice (randomized layers) and checking reports
proved that the distribution of results was ok. Or so it seemed. Since
my private fork is still based on Vassal 3.1, I'm curious which uses of
the PRNG actually produce this problem.