[messages] [Module Design] Variable strength units

Rindis rindis at backbreaker.com
Wed Oct 21 20:48:40 CEST 2015

Well, I'm poking through that module. I'm not seeing the Deal Event
Markers button. I think I see the markers themselves. :P

Looking through the prototypes, I see the Event-related ones, along with
the Send To command. "Destination: Another counter" is something else I
hadn't known existed. :P

So... My counters should have a 'Replace' property, and when activated,
set that to "True", then set off a GKC to deal a counter from the deck
with the Send To with property 'Replace==True'. And then the original
counter deletes itself.

I might be able to figure out how to do that, but it would help if I
could find the GKC and button in the TDC module, which I'm not seeing.

Also, I'd like to hide this trickery away from the user. Is there any
way to hide a map window (with the decks) like you can hide a piece
pallet? I'm thinking not, so I'm going with just making the button
unassuming and advising players not to fiddle with it.