[messages] [Module Design] Extension adding Choices

steev42 steev at 2d12.com
Thu Oct 29 15:05:41 CET 2015

So, I was thinking of making a version of Smash Up that I could play
with friends that don't live nearby.  The default game should be
relatively easy, and I was able to look at Legendary to get an idea of
how to do the "grab two decks and mix them".

What I'd like to do, though, is have it so all of the expansion packs
are extensions, and are only there if active.  That way we can say "Hey,
no Cthulhu groups", and rather than just ignore them, they don't even
appear.  However, as best as I can tell, I can't just add the new decks
to the same board in an extension [And my guess is that's why Legendary
went with the all-in-one method too].  I could create a new board for
each expansion, but that seems rather unwieldy for game startup.

Is there a solution I'm overlooking?  Quite likely considering this is
really my first attempt.