[messages] [General Discussion] Understanding module size impacts (solutions)

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Thu Dec 15 03:42:43 CET 2016

The important thing is the Dimension in pixels, not inches. Vassal
doesn't know anything about physical size, only pixels. Those maps sound
very large, depending on the Pixels per inch, which is most probably
causing your problems. I tend to cut large maps to pieces around
3000x5000 pixels and have no problems. Those numbers are somewhat
arbitrary based on some early maps I worked on and I've kept using that
size. Somewhat larger would probably work also.

If the maps are hex based, then you can avoid any issues with units
stacking on map joins by making sure you cut the maps so the cuts do not
run through any hex centers.