[messages] [Developers] Roadmap for VASSAL 4

apm apm at bigendian.dk
Sun Jan 3 12:04:32 CET 2016

Hi,

I would be interested in contributing to VASSAL ...
I'm a software engineer working with infrastrucure architecture. In my
daily work I currently code mostly in C and Go (some Perl/Python too).
It's about 20 years since I last worked with Java, but getting up to
speed with the language should be a small task.

I used to play a lot of boardgames, especially larger ones, but I've
realized that given my current daily life and where I live, I won't have
the opotunity to do that again unless it's via the Internet.

So I've been puzzling with some ideas of how such a distributed game
engine should/could be designed. One thing I would consider is whether
it makes sense to store the game state and history in a Git repository.