[messages] [Developers] Roadmap for VASSAL 4

Joel Uckelman uckelman at nomic.net
Thu Jan 7 00:46:58 CET 2016

Thus spake hipshot:
> Is this something that the layman non programmer is going ot be able to
> use to build modules?

It depends on what the "this" is you're referring to.

If you mean the JavaScript interface, then no---you'd need to have a
minimal understanding of programming to write scripts using it.

If you mean the rules description language I mentioned, I'd say no as
well---I doubt there's any simple solution in that space because rules
for even the simplest games define very complicated theories.

If you mean module creation generally, I expect it to be simpler than it
is in V3.2, and lots of modules (most?) have been created by
non-programmers.

If "this" is something else, please clarify for me.