[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] map scrolling stutters and text out of sequence in vlog

chadgr randlorama at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 21:37:34 CET 2016

Hi,

Here is my setup: Mac OS 10.11.2, Java 8 Update 71, Vassal 3.2.15. When
I open vlogs for any of the six games I play (Commands and Colors:
Napoleonics, Unconditional Surrender: Europe, Space Empires 4X, among
them), the lines of text that appear each time I push the play through
button is out of the sequence in which my opponent recorded them. Die
rolls, comments, player actions, show out of order until they sort
themselves out about four lines up. The text is also garbled and
stuttered if I scroll up and down on the window using my MacBook Pro
trackpad. Similarly, when I scroll vertically on zoomed in maps, there
is a lag that stutters the screen, smearing the map along distinct
horizontal lines. Eventually, I can scroll it enough to get it to load
that portion of the map accurately.

Can you tell me if this is a bug or if there is a setting within Vassal
that I can change to correct these issues?

Thanks much.