[messages] [General Discussion] Learning Game Systems via Vassal

mike0liver m.oliver121 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 25 11:57:02 CET 2016

I own two GMT board games, both of which have Vassal modules - Crown of
Roses and Twilight Struggle. Both games have steep learning curves and
low Solo play ratings. However, I would like to try and practise the
games as a single player so that I can learn the systems and maybe
design strategies for when I play an opponent.

How do I go about setting up the games using the Vassal modules so that
I can play solo? I have tried to do this but, for example, with Twilight
Struggle, if I opt to play the US, the first notification I get is
"waiting for USSR to deal cards". I can't get past that and don't know
how to act as the USSR and deal the cards.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Mike