[messages] [Developers] How to inhibit observers as choice of sides?

PaulC paul_chicoine at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 04:10:52 CEST 2016

How can the "observer" choice in the selection of sides be eliminated or
at least inhibited?

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have a hidden OOB that no one can
see until they choose a playing side; therefore, allowing observers to
see the pieces is undesirable.   My objective is to make a hidden OOB
that only becomes visible to the player(s) of that side.   All others,
including the observer would not see it.

I realize that the "observer" is used to create the scenario.vsav so
that the players will see the side selection choices.

I'm hoping there is a trick, something like editing the module to then
remove the observer from the list menu.   When I need to edit the module
again, I'll add it back to the list.   Or if there is a "developer"
property that can be set that adds "developer" to the list of sides.