[messages] [Module Design] Problems with Dynamic Property

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Wed Jun 8 16:38:20 CEST 2016

I'm looking into the mod now ...specifically the "protestant" prototype.
 The first thing I've noticed is that you are listing your traits
backwards. Traits are executed from the bottom up and it appears you're
attempting to execute them from the top down. That's bound to cause some
problems.

Also, I noticed that you are using "onmove" as a map trigger when you
move a piece onto that map. That's good. That's how I would do it.
However, on the Trigger Action traits, you are attempting to use the
"onmove" trigger as "Watch for these keystrokes" when the trigger should
be placed in "Keyboard Command".

Someone else may be able to explain the proper usage or need for the
"Watch for these keystroke" function but as for me, I've never used it
nor ever found a need for it.

Other suggestion from experience ...DP's should be placed on the
actually piece instead of a Prototype as a DP value applies to a
specific piece as opposed to all pieces that carry that prototype.

I look into it further later in the day.