[messages] Edit: Re: [Feature Requests] I could make a UIMap class to parent the Map class

Joe12 j.sheppard88 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 13:31:12 CEST 2016

[This message has been edited.]

Hi,

I'm working on a Vassal Engine implementation of a simple fun
civilisation building board game I like with its creator's permission
and help.

As an experienced Java programmer I'm doing lots of programming for it
but I want to create its user interfaces using Vassal Maps with Game
Pieces being used as buttons & decorative UI components instead of only
implementing it with code, so that translators and artists who know how
to edit Vassal modules could help me improve my game when I start
releasing alpha/beta versions.

So I want to make a UIMap class/module which would be the lighter weight
parent of the Map class by just having its variables and functions
required for a typical user interface to be implemented with a fixed
zoom map and its unmovable game piece UI components.

It could also be used by the minimap widget I want to make and would
share with other Vassal Engine module creators along with the other new
widgets, modules and traits I'm making for my Vassal game.

Would my UIMap class be allowed to parent the Map class?