[messages] Edit: Re: [Feature Requests] I could make a UIMap class to parent the Map class

Joe12 j.sheppard88 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 13:34:31 CEST 2016

[This message has been edited.]

Hi,

I'm working on a Vassal Engine implementation of a simple fun
civilisation building board game I like with its creator's permission
and help.

As an experienced Java programmer I'm doing lots of programming for it
but I want to create its user interfaces using Vassal Maps with Game
Pieces being used as buttons & decorative UI components instead of only
implementing it with code, so that translators and artists who know how
to edit Vassal modules could help me improve my game when I start
releasing alpha/beta versions.

So I want to make a UIMap class/module which would be the lighter weight
parent of the Map class by just having its variables and functions
required for a typical user interface to be implemented with a fixed
zoom map and its unmovable game piece UI components.

It could also be used by the minimap widget I want to make and would
share with other Vassal Engine game creators along with the other new
widgets, modules and traits I'm making for my Vassal game.