[messages] [Developers] How to create a hidden OOB

brian448 brian448 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 13 07:00:53 CEST 2016

Paul,

This is a well known flaw of the Player Hand component that has never
been fixed.

Here is the solution.

Postby Ikarus » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:01 am
>From what I experienced, cards in a player's hand can't be stacked as
usual (i.e. one card behind the other) but they
always appear next to each other. Is there an option that I could have
overlooked to enable normal stacking in player's
hands?

Also it would be cool to be able to assign a stacking trait that
controls how a specific card stacks, e. g. to have one
card stick out of a stack of cards. Or might it be possible to have two
(or more) cards on the same level stacked upon
another card?

You can do this.

1. Delete the Stacking Options component in the Player Hand.

2. Right-click on the Player Hand and choose "Add Imported Class"
    Enter " VASSAL.build.module.map.StackMetrics" This will add
    default stacking behavior to the Player Hand.

3  Then, open the buildFile of your module and add the line
    "<VASSAL.build.module.map.StackExpander/>" below the
    StackMetrics line for the player hand.

Make a backup of the module file before working on it.
I use Winzip to get to the buildFile.  (rename the .vmod file to .zip)
and then run Winzip.
Extract the buildFile to edit it.
Be very careful when you edit the buildFile of the module.
Please note that the buildFile file does not not have a 3 letter
extension to it.
Remember to rename the .zip file back to .vmod once you have replaced
the buildFile.

You can find an example of this in the Title Bout module.

Good luck,

Brian