[messages] [Module Design] How To Identify Invisible Units

PaulC paul_chicoine at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 04:44:48 CEST 2016

OK so if I'm following this... I need to bind a layer (graphic) to a
dynamic property (such as invisible).   Let me ask a dumb question, when
I set the default Invisible attribute, what property name does it set
for that counter and can I simply use that?   Then I assume that Layers
will allow me to bind that property to a new graphic?   Are there any
default graphics options, such as highlighting a visible counter, or
appending a border around it, or a label to it that says "VISIBLE!"?

Currently in my module the owning player can't distinguish between
visible and invisible counters because the default Invisible option only
allow opaqueness and I set to 100% (so that hidden counters don't look
washed out); therefore, both states look the same.   Too bad the
Invisible default doesn't offer more choices, perhaps that could be
added to the VASSAL engine backlog of new capabilities.