[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Vassal (and X wing module) screen tearing issues

Maert stjepan.pavuna at gmail.com
Thu May 19 00:51:36 CEST 2016

Hey all,

Every now and then, Sassal goes crazy graphically. The problem seems to
be in the Vassal or Java window refreshing process. All the windows
become super unstable, showing content from other windows until manually
refreshed, etc.

It's best seen on video, so I've made some videos of it so you can see
what's happening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZNpo3Fmq0[1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUDIqtHU7Q[2]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2DYTkiIj0g[3]

It's annoying as hell. Sometimes the game goes for 30 minutes without it
and then it starts, sometimes it starts from the get-go. But it's almost
always there.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, Java version 1.8.0_91:

http://i.imgur.com/89FIobb.png[4]

I have both most recent versions of Vassal (3.2.16) and Xwing (5.7.3)

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZNpo3Fmq0
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjUDIqtHU7Q
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2DYTkiIj0g
[4] http://i.imgur.com/89FIobb.png