[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Fresh download not working?

Valgaav jkm10 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 02:58:05 CEST 2016

Just tried to download Vassal after having uninstalled it previously,
and it's now giving me the following error message when I try to run the
executable!

"The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime installation or the
runtime is corrupted.

The system cannot find the path specified."

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium, and I just checked my Java on java.com
and it says I have Version 8 Update 101.  I'm not sure what could be
causing this.  Help?