[messages] [Module Design] Problems with Matching Properties on GKC

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Sun Sep 4 17:15:14 CEST 2016

I'm at a loss.

I have a deck of cards named  Creatures.

Each card may contain a marker that will restrict that creature from
appearing in a particular area of the Kingdom. For example: If the
creature does not appear in Laurica's Palace, it will have the Marker
trait:  LP = No

I have an event button for Laurica's Palace that will trigger 3
commands:

Remove all creatures with Marker: LP = No from the Creatures deck and
send them to a temporary hold deck.
Draw a creature from the Creatures deck
Return all the creatures from the temporary hold deck back to the main
Creatures deck.

The problem is in pulling the restricted creatures out of the deck using
a variable.

If I use the following Matching Properties on the Global Key Command:

{CurrentMap == "Resources" && DeckName == "Creatures" && LP == "No"}

It works perfectly. In other words, if I name the area of the map
directly (in this case,  LP), it works just fine. However, I have the
map area code as a Global Property called  Region. ...and if I use the
following:

{CurrentMap=="Resources" && DeckName=="Creature_B" &&
(GetProperty(Region)=="No")}

...it will not work. I even tried using the old Vassal syntax of:

CurrentMap = Resources && DeckName = Creatures && $Region$ = No

...and that won't work either.

Why?