[messages] [Module Support] Marvel Legendary - Please help.

Malnorma malnormacxio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 04:31:54 CEST 2016

I have played this a few times, though not with multiple players.  I
made a few edits to the module so I could play multiple hands myself (so
my wife and I could play on one computer).

First off, when you start a new game, the module has a tendency to make
the chat panel full height and you can't see the board.  If that's
happening to you, drag up the handle near the bottom of the window and
you should be able to see the blue background and board, wound and
bystander stacks, etc.

Now open the "Start here" window.  Right click on the player decks you
want and send them to the players' draw piles.  Now right-click each of
the face-down piles and shuffle them.  Then you can drag cards off each
pile to randomly select your setup (i.e. mastermind, scheme, villain
groups, heroes).  Don't worry about populating the board here though,
except for the scheme - right click your scheme card and send it to the
table.

Once you've chosen your setup, you go through the other windows one by
one doing basically the same thing - open the window, find the pile or
piles you want, right-click on those piles and send them to their
location.  I find it easiest to go through this in the order of the "S"
button menu - masterminds, villains, henchmen, heroes, and finally
'other cards'.  For the scheme twists, you probably want to choose "draw
multiple" rather than send directly to the villain deck - enter the
number you want and click ok, then drag the pile to the table manually -
you almost never want all 11 twists.

Now you should have player decks, the hero and villain decks, and the
mastermind and scheme on the table.  Don't forget to shuffle these
piles.  Now each player draws their cards - open your player window
(numbered 1 through 5 in the toolbar), and click the "draw card" buttons
to fill your hand.  When your draw pile runs out, you have to send your
discard pile back to your draw pile and shuffle as two steps, the draw
card buttons just won't do anything.

There's a button to advance villains through the city, but it's a bit
buggy - it doesn't always move bystanders, and it doesn't ignore gaps in
the city, so be aware of that.  Sometimes you need to move a card to the
bottom of a deck - in that case, you drag the card to the deck and press
the down arrow key.

Hopefully this helps you get started.