[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Regular expression not working

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Mon Sep 5 14:36:12 CEST 2016

Hmmm, on close examination of the source code, it appears that the =~
has not actually been implemented. This comes as a bit of a surprise to
me as I wrote that part of Vassal. Mea culpa. Amazing that no one else
has picked it up before. I will submit a fix for this shortly, but in
the meantime you will need to use your extended syntax.

Not that you do not need to use the GetProperty function if you are not
dynamically generating the property name. Just use the property name, no
quotes, so the following would work:

Token 1_Level==1||Token 1_Level==3||Token 1_Level==5||Token
1_Level==7||Token 1_Level==9