[messages] [Module Design] Problems with Matching Properties on GKC

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Tue Sep 6 01:56:33 CEST 2016

Ok. Here's a complete breakdown of what's happening. Maybe you can see
something that I'm missing. All traits listed below are in execution
order, i.e. I'm listing the bottom trait first and moving up. I have
several buttons set up to draw events. I'll use the Mariah Lowland
button as an example as that also takes into consideration terrain
restrictions (which I can't get to work, either).

I have a Button with the following:

Does Not Stack
Select - Yes
Move - No

Action Button
Evoke Key command - E1Click

Trigger Action
Keyboard command - E1Click

Perform these Keystrokes
GetD100Roll
SetDistrict
DetermineEvent

Then I have a prototype named EventML which has the following:

Set Global Property
District
Key Command - SetDistrict
Set Value Directly to ML

Global Hotkey
Keyboard Command - GetD100Roll
Global Hotkey - RollD100 (this gets a random number from 1 to 100)

I now have a multitude of Trigger Actions based on the D100 roll. For
this, I'll stick with the roll that generates a creature.

Trigger Action
Matching Properties - {D100_result > 56 && D100_result < 67}
Keyboard Command - DetermineEvent
Perform these keystrokes - DetermineCreature

The original button then refers to a prototype called CreatureTS1 which
has the following:

Trigger Action
Keyboard Command - DetermineCreature
Perform these keystokes
GetDCreatureRoll
SetTerrain
DetermineClass

Global Hotkey
Keyboard Command - GetDCreatureRoll
Global Hotkey - RollDCreature

This get a random number that will determine what class of creature is
encountered. We'll assume the number rolled would generate a Class C
Creature

Set Global Property
Terrain
Key Command - SetTerrain
Prompt user to select from list (for this example, we'll say the player
selects M for mountainous terrain)

Trigger Action
DCreature_result > 95
Keyboard Command - Determine Class
Perform these keystrokes - DetermineCreatureC

If then goes to another prototype, in this case, called CreatureC, which
has the following:

Trigger Action
Keyboard Command - DetermineCreatureC
Perform these keystrokes
RemoveDistrictC
RemoveTerrainC
GetCreatureC
ReturnSort

Global Key Command
Keyboard Command - RemoveDistrictC
Global key command - SendToSort
Matching Properties - CurrentMap = Resources && DeckName = Creatures_C
&& $District$ = No
All pieces

Global Key Command
Keyboard Command - RemoveTerrainC
Global key command - SendToSort
Matching Properties - CurrentMap = Resources && DeckName = Creatures_C
&& $Terrain$ = No
All pieces

Global Key Command
Keyboard Command - GetCreatureC
Global key command - SendToMain
Matching Properties - CurrentMap = Resources && DeckName = Creatures_C
1 piece

Global Key Command
Keyboard Command - ReplaceSorts
Global key command - Trash
Matching Properties - CurrentMap = Resources && DeckName = Sort_1
All pieces

So, any creature that has a Marker trait with  ML=No  and/or  M=No
should be sorted out before a creature is drawn from that deck. But they
are not.

Do you see anything here that could mess this up?