[messages] [Technical Support & Bugs] Dice Component Reporting Bug

DrNostromo drnostromo at drnostromo.com
Tue Sep 6 22:05:52 CEST 2016

I found a bug in the Dice Component reporting system for Vassal 3.2.16.
Basically, it reports the roll before the roll is actually made.

I've attached a sample mod to demonstrate the bug. It's simply a button
that will generate a D20 roll.

First the dice component will report the roll and then there's a report
trait on the button itself that will report the roll.

On the first click, the dice component will always report a 1 and the
button will report the actual roll. For this example, we'll say it says
15.

On the second click, the dice component will report the roll as 15 (the
last roll) and the button will report the new roll.

It took a long time for me to finally figure this out. I was going
bonkers trying to find out why the results of my calculated expressions
weren't coming out right based on the reported die roll results.

Just change the .ZIP extension to .VMOD