[messages] [Module Design] Adding missing info in Eldritch Horror

Foobarius alter.alter.ego at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 10 11:21:36 CEST 2016

Are you using Java 6?  I've seen problems with the font rendering on
that version, I recommend using Java 7 or higher (this is mentioned on
the module page[1]).

If not, what are you actually seeing - is it just the accented
characters that are wrong, or is the entire text wrong?  If it's only
some of the text, can you tell whether the font being used is the
correct one, or is it using some default font instead?

Also, if you attach one of your SVG files I can take a look and see if I
spot anything that might be causing the problem.

Incidentally, an alternative to using 'proper' svg text would be to just
use an image of the card you've scanned or photographed.  You can use a
very simple SVG file that just resizes the image (I recommend using an
image twice the size of the SVG itself, i.e. 180x278 pixels).  I can
post an example SVG file if you like; it would be easier to just copy it
and edit the text instead of using Inkscape, since all you would need to
change is the image filename.

[1] http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Eldritch_Horror#Font_Problem_with_Java_6